A good sweater really should be a wardrobe staple for everyone regardless of gender – although they are particularly important for men who often have more limited options when it comes to clothing anyway. Sweaters or jumpers come in a few different patterns, styles, and materials, and they are key to helping you transition between the seasons and add more texture and interest to an outfit. Let’s take a look.
There are several popular styles of sweaters for you to choose from, like:
- Crew necks – they are arguably one of the most common. The neck is rounded and close-fitting; it can be worn alone or over a shirt. They are versatile, coming in several colors and patterns.
- V necks – also pretty common, can be worn alone, but they tend to look better when layered. They are ideal to be worn over a shirt and tie, making them perfect for the office.
- Turtle necks – they are usually worn alone because they come higher up the neck, hiding anything worn underneath. They can be casual or dressy, depending on what they are paired with.
- Cardigans are not just for women; they are great for casual or professional settings depending on your style and what you are pairing them with.
- Half-zips are relatively new, with a high collar or even a turtle neck, but they can be opened by their half-zip, meaning they can be layered or not. Probably best paired with jeans for a more casual look
Sweaters come in a range of fabrics, too, depending on your style preferences and occasion. There is:
- Cashmere – which is made from the hair of the Kashmir goat. They are warm and lightweight and often more on the expensive side.
- Wool – can either be synthetic or made from the hair of animals. They are more common, very warm, they range in price, and they do require proper care to look after.
- Cotton – can again be synthetic or made from cotton plants. Relatively inexpensive and great for warmth, but it can also be breathable and cool.
Picking a Great Sweater
A first-rate sweater in reality is a wardrobe staple, and as such, you shouldn’t be afraid to spend a little more money to invest in a best piece like the men’s wool sweaters from The Sweater Shop. Firstly, regardless of whether or not you are shopping online or in character, there are a couple of things you ought to search for whilst trying them on; they shouldn’t be too tight or too baggy. A slender band around the wrist can help when cuffing your sleeves or pushing them up. They hold their shape whilst still being comfortable. Choose versatile colors and prints that go well with items already in your wardrobe. Simple and chic sweaters will stand the test of time without becoming outdated or old-fashioned.
Realistically, sweaters can be worn during three out of the four seasons; they can be worn during the autumn, winter, and even spring too. They are incredibly versatile, and arguably, depending on the color and pattern, they can be timelessly stylish too. Every man should have at least one good sweater option in their wardrobe, preferably more than one, but you can take your time to build your collection.