The VPN market is experiencing impressive growth, skyrocketing from $44.6 billion in 2022 to an anticipated $137.7 billion by 2030. This rapid growth, at a CAGR of 15.1%, encompasses industry sectors such as Multiprotocol Label Switching, Cloud and IP technologies, as well as varied fields like finance, tech, government services, healthcare, and manufacturing, among others.
The standout growth segment, Multiprotocol Label Switching, is on track for a 15.2% CAGR, culminating in a value of $67.4 billion by 2030. Not to be outdone, the Cloud segment is also set to soar, with a notable CAGR of 17.1% expected over the next eight years. These strategies highlight the importance of securing corporate networks and how VPNs will continue to lead the way.
Types of Secure Remote Access Strategies
- VPN: Utilize VPN technology for secure and remote network access, allowing seamless connectivity with safeguarded authentication and encryption.
- IPsec: IPsec protocols offer a reliable encrypted connection for your VPNs, maintaining privacy over shared public networks like the Internet.
- SSL VPN: Experience easy access to company resources remotely via SSL VPNs. All you need is a web browser for secure and authenticated connections.
- Desktop Sharing: With desktop sharing, share your screen and take control of another device for real-time access and collaboration, no matter where you are.
- SSH: The SSH protocol connects you securely to a remote terminal without requiring a password, bridging distances with a safe, encrypted channel.
- Network Access Control: Implement NAC systems to authenticate who enters your network, applying security policies and checkpoint defenses to protect both physical cloud environments.
- Single Sign-On: SSO streamlines user authentication by providing access to multiple applications using just one set of login credentials, enhancing simplicity and user experience.
- Zero Trust Network Access: ZTNA doesn’t assume trust and verifies each user meticulously. Access is granted strictly based on necessary privileges, roles, and stringent security measures.
Why Businesses Will Adapt and Continue to Implement VPN in Their Processes?
#1 Ensure Privacy & Data Security
As a freelance or agency team member, handling sensitive information and files is integral to your daily operations, particularly when working remotely. Without proper protective measures, your data is vulnerable to interference and leaks that can disrupt campaigns, incur financial damage, and tarnish your reputation.
Secure your digital workspace with a robust VPN equipped with cutting-edge encryption and advanced safety features. A VPN establishes fortified connections between:
- Your devices
- The Internet
- Your clients
By doing so, it shields your data from prying eyes, virtually eliminating the risk of eavesdropping. It also reduces the likelihood of man-in-the-middle and DDoS attacks, which pose serious threats to your marketing efforts.
#2 Protection of Corporate Networks
A popular request from business leaders is how to secure Wi-Fi. One of the first solutions on the list is business VPNs for data protection. This solution can provide a secure internet connection, but a VPN should not be an identical security measure.
For example, do you know what SSID means for Wi-Fi? VeePN has a detailed explanation of what the SSID is and how it can be used for security. If you want a quick response, SSID stands for network name. You can see SSID examples if you search for a Wi-Fi network on your smartphone. Some safe practices include creating a non-obvious SSID or even hiding the network. This will make it more difficult for hackers to identify the network and hack it. Therefore, you need to check all the basic parameters of Wi-Fi networks to protect them.
#3 Dynamic Pricing and Bypass Regional Restrictions
Are you a freelancer or entrepreneur struggling to afford the high costs of digital marketing tools or content creation software? You might also face the frustration of certain services being geo-restricted. But there’s a surprisingly simple fix that can save you money – using a VPN!
You’re likely familiar with online vendors’ strategy of dynamic pricing, where the cost of products can spike due to increased demand or repeated interest. Did you realize that prices also vary based on location due to regional economic standards? This is good news for you with an iOS VPN because you can get the best price. You can always move between different servers.
Here’s a secret weapon: a VPN. This tool can shield your online activity from trackers and effectively erase your digital footprint, presenting you with untainted price options. Switching your internet location can reveal hidden regional discounts and even lower default prices. Consider the staggering difference for Adobe Suite subscriptions – it’s a steep $59.99 per month in the United States but an attractive $28.72 in India. With a VPN connected to Indian servers, the potential savings are substantial.
#4 Security of Digital Assets
Data stands as a critical resource for companies, offering insights into customer behavior and informing more effective marketing tactics. However, the threat of cybercriminals looting this treasure trove of information is real. Hence, many companies resort to VPNs as an added layer of defense against cyber incursions. Reflecting on VPN adoption, Forbes reports some telling numbers:
- 66% of people use a VPN for personal data protection.
- 6% activate a VPN shield to secure corporate information.
- 16% are mandated by their employers to use a VPN.
- A whopping 80% rely on VPNs for fortified cybersecurity.
- 18% opt for VPNs primarily for their robust encryption capabilities.
- For 30%, VPNs serve as a gateway to two-factor authentication security measures.
As a diligent entrepreneur, the safety of your business’s digital assets is undoubtedly high on your priority list. To aid you in this critical endeavor, we present ten effective strategies to fortify your company’s data against virtual threats.
Businesses rely heavily on VPNs to secure their networks. You can see for yourself how many benefits such VPNs provide. This leads to the trend towards introducing VPNs into business processes.
Jasper Bruxner is a passionate and versatile blogger with a keen eye for trends and a knack for crafting engaging content. As the founder of WendyWaldman.com, he has established himself as a trusted resource in a diverse range of niches, including food, tech, health, travel, business, lifestyle, and news. He tends to share the latest tech news, trends, and updates with the community built around Wendywaldman. His expertise and engaging writing style have attracted a loyal following, making him a respected voice in the online community.